Friday, June 11, 2010

True Love

......Sean and I waiting for the elevator....

Sean: "Love you, baby."

Me (smiling sweetly): "Love you, too."

Smoochies following by silence and me wondering what is taking the elevator so fucking long, after all there are only four floors!

Then...

Sean (tugging lightly on my shirt sleeve): "Is this a new shirt?"

Me (smiling, thinking a compliment is on the way): "No, actually, it's way old, I just found it in the closet."

Sean smiling; me waiting for expected compliment.

Sean: "Honey, can I be honest with you?"
Me: "Of course!  I want nothing but honesty from you."

Sean: "Even if it makes you mad?"

Me (losing smile and feeling a rise of pique):  "Yes.  Tell me."

Sean (smiling sweetly): "Can you never wear that shirt again.  I hate it."

Me (eyes narrowed, glare in full effect): "Why?"

Sean (petting my arm in a feeble attempt to call the rising tide of annoyance): "The polka dots, you know I hate them."
Me (nodding): "So that means I should wear an article of clothing with polka dots?  That is retarded!  What is your issue with them anyway?"
Sean (one shoulder shrug): "They confuse me."

Me (rolling eyes and replying with as much sarcasm as I can muster, which is quite a lot): "Really?  They confuse you?  Sure, Sean, I won't wear polka dots ever again because they confuse you."

.....elevator dings.....we enter elevator.....

Sean (kissing me on the cheek): "Thanks, my love."

Me (shooting him a disgusted look at his intentional dismisal of my damn awesome sarcasm): "Uh-huh."

Sean: "Love you, honey."

Me: "Whatever."

.........elevator arrives at our floor and I'm out before the door opens all the way, stomping to our door followed by a snickering Sean....

Sean (snicker): "Awww, don't be mad."

Me flipping him the middle finger on both hands.

2 comments:

Heather Howell said...

True romance right there. Ha.

candacesue said...

Haha, way to dig yourself into a hole, Sean. Speaking of True Romance, that is a damn good movie, have you seen it?